One Year Old.
Mother’s Yellow Fairy Tale Book.
Arranged by Laura Dent Crane.
Henry Altemus Company: Philadelphia. 1905.
A Vibrant Liebster Award for Elephant’s Picture Book!
Thank you to http://iarxiv.com for nominating me for the Liebster Award. I am grateful to you for selecting me. I truly appreciate your encouragement! It is my pleasure everyday to see your beautiful drawings and keep up with the around-the-world adventures of Piggy and Puggy. Yours is a beautiful blog that never fails to make me smile and sometimes sigh. [To catch up on the fun go to http://iarxiv.com/the-porcines/ .]
The Liebster Award is given to new blogs with fewer than 200 followers. The 11 blogs I nominated (listed below) are fresh and unique. I guarantee when you take a look you will be intrigued by what you find.
I was pleased to be nominated for the Liebster Award and I am honored to be nominating other people. As part of accepting the award a nominee answers 11 questions. Mine is an 11-part answer to one important question:
“ELEPHANT, WHAT HAVE YOU LEARNED FROM READING FAIRY TALES?”
(1) Don’t go into the forest – any forest at any time – especially alone.
(2) Don’t go into the home (hovel, hut, castle, or burrow) of a stranger – especially the home of a crone, witch, hag (land or sea), giant, ogre, beast, elf, or fairy.
(3) Don’t get into coaches with strangers; you will not be taken home as you hope. Instead, you will be taken on a long ride to an undesirable destination (e.g., a land entirely underground, a weirdo’s castle in the sky, a land so far away you can’t find your way home, etc.).
(4) Your parents may do you wrong, but your stepparent will definitely do you a mischief.
(5) Avoid royalty, any character with a bad attitude, unrepentant murderers, and any character you notice right from the start “disturbs” you.
(6) If you begin to lose track of time, your sense of hearing or your vision becomes distorted, you are likely falling under a spell – leave the area immediately!
(7) Beware of anyone who is lonely – they will likely entrap you and keep you as their unhappy companion for all eternity.
(8) If an animal is talking to you using a human language you should probably move along. In addition, don’t follow any suggestions offered by talking animals. (Note: If you follow the advice in item (1) and don’t go into the forest you are less likely to meet talking animals – befriend them at you own risk).
(9) Via enchanted powers you may be made into a talking animal or beast. This is unpleasant, but if you wait until your future spouse cuts off your head, kisses your ugly self or accomplishes a task, you will probably get to be human again and marry a good looking although slightly dim witted prince or princess.
(10) The size of a character in a fairy tale is a good indication of how clever it is. Giants are usually angry and dangerous but easily outsmarted. Small characters (e.g., elves, fairies, gnomes, tiny humans, etc.) are smarter than you are. Avoid trying to outsmart a smooth talking little character. Avoid committing to any verbal agreement with the diminutive, and exit their sphere of influence as soon as possible.
(11) Be nice – because even if you become the victim in a fairy tale, nice people are the only ones who stand a chance of having a happy ending!
My 11 Wonderful Liebster Award Nominees!
All the blogs nominated are published by creative people; they are interesting and worth following. Take a look and see why I am so enthusiastic about my nominees. Congratulations to all of you!
I would like to nominate every blog I follow. Many of you have lots of fans and too many followers, or you have won the award already! But if you wanted to be nominated and I left you out it is only because I was limited.
Nominees need to answer 11 questions, nominate 11 blogs they want others to enjoy, and ask their nominees 11 questions. You should notify your nominees, show the award and maybe say something about yourself. That is all I know – check around for the more explicit rules if you need them.
Nominees – if you accept – follow the rules as well as you can. Have fun! As for the 11 questions from me, ask yourself 11 questions you would like to answer!
Once again, http://iarxiv.com thank you for nominating me. Thank you to everyone who follows my blog or who has taken time to comment or given me a like or a look!
My best to everyone,
PS Claudia Cruz, I can’t figure out how to notify you!